Tuesday 10 May 2016

Peruvian food, my favourite

by Magaly Chin


When people ask me what is my favourite food I can never give a straight answer, because there are so many things that I like that it’s hard to choose one. But this time I took my time to think and came up with an answer: my favourite food is Peruvian food. For me there’s nothing like the dishes that I grew up eating at home and that are part of who I am.

Peruvian food is simply amazing. There is a huge variety of dishes made with a diverse range of ingredients and with so many flavors that can satisfy any palate. 

The most characteristic dish, and probably my favourite too, is called ceviche. There's no certainty about the source of the name but some think it could derive from the mix of ingredients or from an old Quechua word “siwichi” which means fresh fish. This dish is made of raw fresh fish marinated in citrus juice with Peruvian yellow chili. It’s usually served with parboiled sweet potato, chopped onions and corn. 


No visitor misses the chance to try ceviche, so if you ever go to Peru you now know what is the first thing to ask for.



References:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh7KUPvUDU9lPQ5l9EreAsKiInN-tkR-jvYq0orBtuGm1g7iMDDjH-iw4WJnSSmMvjTOxyt07R06VmqBYDWm9Dsvv5IYeWsjnyadKwHkPUyAaIU0Ic2e_KW9wXCh_c4ixD7Bb9VLQghK5Ix/s1600/comida+peruana.jpg
https://s3-sa-east-1.amazonaws.com/cdn-e360/proyectop_file_d04f2ff743dbe1fc9361516c6ecebd10_3487_.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment