Wednesday 11 May 2016

My go-to Chicken Curry

by Fahmida Vivian Sheikh


Chicken! One of my most favourite food item. You can make so many food dishes with it, packed with flavours in a very little time. My most favourite chicken dish is the Bengali chicken curry called “Murgir Jhol” which translates chicken’s broth. This is a regular dish in everyday household in Bangladesh. I have been enjoying this dish as long as I can remember. It definitely tastes better when cooked by my mother ;)

This dish consists of chicken with boiled or fried potatoes. Flavoured with a range of ground and whole spices including cumin, cinnamon and cardamom.  The dish might have a thick gravy or a light gravy depending on preferences. I prefer both depending on what I’m having it with.


Since I have moved to Australia for education, this dish have been a go to for me when I craved something spicy but easy to make.  I have even started to experiment with it. Like the other day I added tomatoes in it for adding more flavour and I must say it tasted great.

This dish is best to be served with steamed rice or flat bread with a little garnish or coriander on the top.


References: 
http://www.ecurry.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Chicken-Curry-2-680x1024.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment